A truly versatile oil, Basil is known for its soothing aroma and providing a cooling sensation to the skin. Basil adds flavor to a variety of dishes and is a helpful addition to any essential oil collection.
Basil has a warm, spicy, yet herbal aroma known for its soothing properties. Basil provides great benefits due to its high linalool content, making it an ideal application to help provide a relaxing aroma when applied to the temples and back of the neck. Basil is commonly used in cooking to add a fresh, herbal flavor to meats, pastas, and entrée dishes, and it is also cooling to the skin.
- Apply topically during warm weather for a cooling sensation.
- Apply to back of neck while studying or reading for an energizing aroma.
- Combine with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to abdomen for a soothing massage.
- Combine one drop Basil and one drop Tea Tree with Fractionated Coconut Oil, then apply to neck and behind ears for a skin-soothing experience.
- Infuse olive oil with Basil for an Italian bread dip.
- Diffuse with Lime, Bergamot, or Peppermint for an invigorating aroma.
- Diffuse for a relaxing fragrance while studying, reading or finalizing a project.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 120 mL of liquid.
Topical use: When used topically, dilute with carrier oil as needed for skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.