Kelp is a sea vegetable and a naturally concentrated source of iodine. It is rich in potassium, calcium, and magnesium, as well as many trace elements, vitamins, and lignans. Iodine is an essential nutrient needed for proper thyroid gland function and making thyroid-stimulating hormone. Deficiency can lead to hypothyroidism and potential symptoms of fatigue, weight gain, and depression.
Natural Factors Fresh Kelp Extract is an effective way to meet the recommended daily requirements of iodine and essential trace minerals. It is made from fresh kelp that is sustainably harvested from the coastal waters of British Columbia and is rigorously tested for purity to ensure that it is free of contaminants and heavy metals. A precision extraction process is used to preserve the natural spectrum of minerals, vitamins, and iodine in fresh kelp. It is also fortified with potassium iodide to allow 800 mcg of iodine per drop, the most concentrated liquid iodine on the market.
Fresh Kelp Extract provides nutritional support to help prevent thyroid imbalances by providing targeted nutrition to the source. It is a factor in the maintenance of good health and particularly effective for people with low thyroid function.
- Supports normal healthy thyroid function
- Regulates hormones and metabolism
- Modulates estrogen levels
- Lowers the risk of some types of cancer
- Supports fetal and infant brain and nervous system development
- Reduces pain associated with fibrocystic breast disease
- Reduces individual risk factors for cardiovascular disease
- Supports the immune system