Of all the senses, vision may be the most important for participating in our visually oriented world. But some people experience deteriorating vision as they age, with accompanying loss of independence and reduced quality of life. Specific antioxidants can help prevent and even reverse this loss of eyesight.
Lutein and zeaxanthin are carotenoid antioxidants that are concentrated in the eyes, where they protect the lens and retina from damage caused by toxic free radicals and exposure to sunlight. Zeaxanthin supports the macula, the central area of the retina that sees fine detail, while lutein protects the macula and the rest of the retina. Research shows that taking a quality lutein supplement every day can increase optical pigment levels in the retina and prevent or slow the progression of age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, glaucoma, and diabetic retinopathy. Lutein also improves visual acuity, glare recovery, and night vision in people with degenerative eye conditions.
Natural Factors Lutein is ideal for anyone experiencing or wanting to prevent degenerative vision loss. It contains LuteinRich™, pure, high potency lutein and zeaxanthin derived from marigold petals. LuteinRich is non-irradiated and GMO-free. Try this high-quality form of lutein to support optimal eye health.
- Provides antioxidants that help maintain eye health
- Supports eyesight in conditions such as cataracts and age-related macular degeneration
- Helps reduce the risk of developing cataracts
- Contains zeaxanthin, which is essential for a healthy macula (the central area of the retina that sees fine detail
- Helps increase the optical density of macular pigment which improves visual acuity and contrast sensitivity