Magnesium is vital to hundreds of enzyme reactions and has more health benefits attributed to it than any other mineral including calcium. Magnesium, along with calcium, is a shock-absorber, helping to prevent the body from experiencing excessive stress. It is better absorbed in citrate form. Studies show that mineral citrates have superior absorption especially when taken on an empty stomach.
Magnesium is an important electrolyte which helps the absorption of calcium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium. Magnesium is required for the B vitamins to work properly and is absolutely necessary for the utilization of thiamine.
Magnesium is necessary for growth and development, wound healing, immune system function, temperature regulation and many activities of the brain and nervous system. Shaky hands, nervousness, muscle spasms, irregular or rapid heartbeat, all respond favourably to magnesium.
- Aids in the development of strong bones and teeth
- Supports the nervous system during times of stress
- Relaxes skeletal muscles, smoothes muscles, and the GI tract
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Helps metabolize fats, proteins and carbohydrates