Soothe Digest contains three herbs that are traditionally used in herbal medicine to help relieve digestive spasms and flatulent dyspepsia, thereby aiding digestion and helping to stimulate appetite. It contains fennel seed, anise seed, and caraway seed, three aromatic carminative herbs that are well known as spices and have a long history of traditional uses for a wide range of ailments.
A carminative is a medicinal plant with antispasmodic activity that is used to alleviate a combination of cramps in the digestive tract and flatulence. Carminative herbs are good at soothing the stomach and reducing symptoms associated with indigestion such as excessive gas.
Fennel extract, from the seed of Foeniculum vulgare, relieves abdominal pain, colon disorders, gas, and gastrointestinal tract spasms. It is also useful for acidic stomachs. Anise seeds, Pimpinella anisum, help with indigestion, and caraway seeds from Carum carvi, act as a carminative and anti-flatulent.
Natural Factors Soothe Digest relieves gas and bloating in those who have difficulty with proper digestion. It helps relieve digestive spasms and flatulent dyspepsia while aiding digestion and stimulating appetite.
- Relaxes the smooth muscles of the GI, reducing painful spasms and bloating, and expelling excessive gas
- Anti-inflammatory effect helps reduce GI irritation that can cause heartburn
- Antimicrobial and antiseptic action combats many bacterial pathogens and yeasts implicated in causing digestive disorders
- Potent antibacterial and anti-ulcer activity protects against bacterial pathogens associated with gastritis and peptic ulcers
- Provides antimutagenic protection against cellular DNA damage