- Organic and easy to use, Turmeric is a bright yellow powder with a warm aroma and pepper-like, bitter taste similar to ginger that makes it an excellent addition in Indian, African and Middle Eastern dishes, and even made as tea.
- Excellent for use as a spice for vegetables and meat dishes. It is also a great compliment for any recipe that calls for rice, lentils, or beans.
- A pinch of turmeric powder can add a nice orange-yellow hue to homemade salad dressings, pickles, relishes, mustard, cheeses, yogurt, and dry mixes.
- Our turmeric is all natural and vegetarian with no sugar added.
- Packaged in a convenient and easy-to-use resealable bag.
Turmeric is native to India, where it has been harvested for more than 5,000 years. It has served an important role in many traditional cultures throughout the East, including being a revered member of the Ayurvedic pharmacopeia. Turmeric has long been used both as a condiment and a healing remedy and is also traditionally known as "Indian saffron" because of its deep yellow-orange colour. Turmeric contains curcumin which has anti-inflammatory properties that help with joint pain, liver health, Alzheimer’s and circulation.